Senior Judge Lonny R. Suko
Federal Judicial Service:
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
Nominated by George W. Bush on April 28, 2003, to a seat vacated by Wm Fremming Nielsen; Confirmed by the Senate on July 15, 2003, and received commission on July 16, 2003. Served as Chief Judge from July 13, 2009 to January 27, 2011. Assumed senior status on November 1, 2013.
- Washington State University, B.A., 1965.
- University of Idaho, J.D., 1968.
- Law Clerk, Hon. Charles L. Powell, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington, 1968-1969.
- Private practice, Yakima, Washington, 1969-1995.
- U.S. Magistrate (part-time), U.S. District Court, Eastern District Court of Washington, 1971-1991.
- U.S. Magistrate Judge, U.S. District Court, Eastern District Court of Washington, 1995-2003.