Attorney Admissions

► Attorney Admissions Fee Increase

      Attorney Admissions fee will increase to $206 effective December 1, 2016.


Petition for Admission 

You must be a member of the Washington State Bar Association in order to petition for admission in the Eastern District of Washington. Your Petition for Admission requires Certificates of Recommendation from two members of the bar of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington.*

1.  Click here to download the Petition form.  Complete the form and return it to:

    Office of the Clerk, United States District Court
    Attn.: Attorney Admissions Clerk
    P.O. Box 1493
    Spokane, WA 99210

2.  The filing fee for the Petition for Admission is $206.00.   You may pay by check (payable to: Clerk U.S.District Court) or contact the Clerk's Office at 509-458-3400 to pay over the phone with your credit card.

3.  Once you have filed your petition and paid the filing fee, an Attorney Admissions Clerk will contact you with final instructions on our procedures for getting sworn in.

Should you have any further questions or need to schedule a swearing-in appointment, please call the Attorney Admission Clerk at 509-458-3400.

*If you do not know two recommending attorneys who are currently admitted to our court, please use the Petition for Admission Form A  .  You still need two recommending attorneys but they can be a member of any bar association.

Conditional Admission  - For employees of the United States Attorney's or Federal Defender's offices:   Petition for Conditional Admission

Pro Hac Vice Admission

There is no application form for pro hac vice admission. The application is submitted in the form of a motion. See Local Rule 83.2(c). The filing fee for an Application to Proceed Pro Hac Vice is $200.00 per attorney, per case.

When you e-file your Motion to Proceed Pro Hac Vice, you will be prompted to call Attorney Admissions 509-458-3400 to arrange for payment of Pro Hac Vice fee via credit card OR you may pay online with a credit card or by Bank Account Debit-ACH.


CM/ECF Registration Form



Petition Form